School Zone Warning Signs
Screentech has installed Solar LED School Warning Light system for the 40 Kmh Speed zone in Western Australia and New South Wales.
In WA we are using 130mm LED Signals and in NSW we are using 200mm LED Signals, both of these systems have been trialing for over 12 months.
The Screentech School Sign System has three main parts:
- 1. Calendar creation and maintenance
- 2. Field utility
- 3. The signs themselves
The Screentech School Sign System has the following components:
Calendar creation and maintenance – this is a computer program that can run on any standard desktop computer – it can also run on the laptop needed by the “Field Utility” program.
The Calendar creation and maintenance program prepares a file containing on/off days and times that are copied to the Field utility.
Field utility – this is a computer program that sends the file containing the on/off days and times into each of the signs. This is intended to run on a laptop computer that can be easily carried from one sign to the next.
LED Signs – these contain the lamps that alert drivers.
School Sign Specifications
- Electrical Characteristics
- LED drive current (per LED) MAX 30mA – Lamps to driven by constant current
- 100mm LED Aspects
- 200mm LED Aspects
- Controller Current (Lamps off)
- Controller Current (Lamps on)
- Calendar Updates/Clock setting Via RS232 (connector is an RJ12 with a supplied RJ12 to DB9)
- Firmware Updates
- Real time clock +/- 1 sec maximum deviation per week
- +/- 60 sec maximum deviation per year
- +/- 3 sec maximum deviation when setting clock Calendar size 1 year + 2 months
- Flash sequencing cycles of up to 8 events
- Each event > 0.125sec and < 3 sec
- Each event allowing 0, 1 or 2 lamps to be on
- On-period control 4 on periods per day including weekends
- Day exceptions any day on the calendar will be capable to being set as a “school day” or holiday independently of any other events like school-terms/holidays etc
- Daylight saving support Facilitated by using one or more additional on-periods with the times offset in the required directions by the required amount
- Feedback and Interrogation The system will allow the current calendar, date/time to be retrieved via RS232.
- Operating temperature -25 C ~ +60 C
- Solar Powered
- Battery Back up